Meal Plans – Week 1

Monday, February 6, 2012

In the past one of the reasons that I didn’t meal plan was because I became overwhelmed with options and had a hard time figuring out which meals to make.  The list of ingredients seemed miles long and how did I know what I would want to eat what nights?  I would give up because it was just too much for me to figure out.

But now I feel more confident in knowing what and how we like to eat and I have a better understanding of how to use ingredients in multiple dishes without them tasting the same.

It still took me a really long time browsing through my Pinterest food board to come up with the combination of meals for this week and next week.  Like.  A really really long time and by the end I was ravenously hungry.

Here is what I came up with for us this week.  I have put an (*) by the items with a recipe and I will share those recipes throughout the week.


Breakfasts (these are options for each day not all for the same breakfast)
Eggs & Sausage
Green Smoothies
Oatmeal
Greek Yogurt and frozen berries or honey with almonds

Lunches (options for each day)
Sandwich lettuce rolls
Salads
Leftovers
Cauliflower Mash*

Dinners (we don’t eat dinner every night, sometimes we just have a smoothie or a snack so there isn’t a dinner for every night)
Asian Lettuce Wraps* (PF Changs inspired)
Chicken Tacos/Taco Salad
Chicken with Parmesean Green Beans
Chicken Fried Rice* (Benihana inspired)
Skirt Steak *

Snacks
Turkey Sausage Sticks
String Cheese
Veggies (broccoli, baby carrots, celery, bellpeppers) with ranch or hummus
Cauliflower Poppers*
Chickpea Poppers*
Stove popped popcorn

What are your favorite go to recipes?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to know what cauliflower poppers are!

Emily said...

We have been eating lots of stirfrys with riceI have 4 different recipes (2 chicken, one pork and one beef). We eat probably stir fry 3-4 days a week. Yummy! The kids LOVE them and they all taste different but have similar ingredients.

Traci said...

I love that you're doing this! :)

Also, I don't know if it's the same recipe, but the PF Chang's lettuce wrap has been in my arsenal for a few years (I have like, four things I can cook and rotate when Herman's not doing it) and we love them. I use ground turkey instead of chopping up chicken breasts though. Yummy!

Shelley said...

Traci..we also bought ground turkey instead of having to deal with finding ground chicken or chopping it ourselves.

Emily...stirfries are so yummy!

Lisa...I will post up the recipe tonight. We made them monday and they were good!